Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kimjongilia

Dark North Korea
I often find myself in these depressed economic times worrying about my family's and friends futures.  I got that from my mother I think, she was a consummate worrier.  The reality is we really are in perilous times, the whole world is increasingly in upheaval.  Some fantastic things along with the terrifying are in the headlines continually it seems.  I remember growing up in the Cold War, how permanent it all seemed.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined the world we have today with an open Russia, a unified Europe and a crippled United States.  And China, a communist country outpacing the west in capitalism?  What?

Well, like the old adage says "If you think you've got it bad....", I just watched Kimjongilia on Netflix.
If your like me and have even a cursory knowledge of North Korea you know all about the oppression, hunger and pain of the people there.  But when things are out of mind because of all the other noise of daily life around us, we forget.  Next news headlines that shake the world will be from North Korea.

"It was the best of times.. it was the worst of times."

NetFlix
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Kimjongilia/70113934?trkid=438403

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JOMvOwECo

Watch House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee Hearing on Human Rights in North Korea

from 9/20/11!  Things are moving.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment