Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sportsianity II

I have slowed my posting schedule in order to devote more time in finishing Clifford Putney's work Muscular Christianity.  True to my past experiences with the providential hand of God on my life and interests, this source has proved invaluable.  Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to the understanding of the battle that exists between Christians of different cultural backgrounds and find the common ground in the scriptures.

Sports, as I have discovered once promoted as a means to invigorate the underused bodies of Christian men in the last century, has now become a secular religion in it's own rite.  Bearing all the trappings of ancient pagan religions who's view and use of the human body in worship of multiple deities resulted in the Games that destroyed the same for pleasure.

I will show some gross misinterpretation of scripture that opened the door to countless tragic social injustices within the church, elevating outward appearance over the inward man that we are still to this day paying the price for.  Shocking as it may be to some, there will be no competition in the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment